Sunday, October 17, 2010

Architectural Drawing Workshop: Week 3

This is what I produced for the perspective task for this weeks pin up:

Overall, I found the task quite enjoyable as it's more technical than still life drawing although drawing the fenestration was mildly challenging. Even so, I decided to use a different technique for rendering. I decided to smudge pencil as the trace provided a very even texture for this. Looking at them with everyone else's though, it seemed as if mine were lacking. From this, I decided to do another one point, as I felt this was the weakest of the two. This is what I produced:
Using a different medium and rendering technique made this particular drawing quite fun. Surprisingly though, it took much longer than most of the drawings I had produced thus far. I really liked the free hand quality of it and the sketchy style of rendering. I feel this makes it especially effective.

The in class task for this week however, was to render a space on campus using no lines. I decided to go back to my smudge technique as this worked quite well. With the aid of a few pieces of paper, I was able to mask certain areas thus creating strong edges with no lines. This was the result:

Even though the drawing turned out a little bigger than first anticipated, I really liked what I produced. I started by sketching the space normally and then using this as an underlay for the trace to produce my rendered drawing. As this particular space had many people walking through it, I opted to take a picture of the area and use this for light source reference.

Afterwards, we started on our last take home task which was to superimpose the Rose Seidler House on the campus' Science Lawn. Of what I did in class, I found slightly challenging. The reason being, I hadn't actually been to house and it was hard to draw from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment