Saturday, October 9, 2010

Architectural Drawing Workshop: Week 2

The second week of Architectural Drawing started with a pin up of the previous weeks task. This is what I produced:
Overall, I was pretty happy with what I produced. It was genuinely a lot of fun and more like the graphics technology exercises we did in high school. The tutors really liked the fact I attempted a perspectival section as well as its neatness.

After this segment of the class was done, we started our next in class task. This time, we focused on the technicalities of perspective drawing and shading. This is what I produced:

I found the perspective part of this exercise quite easy, although the cylinder was slightly tricky. What I found more difficult was the shading and shadows. Making them look realistic was quite hard.

We then explored the campus in search of inspiration for a one point and two point perspective, which are this weeks take home task. We had to do this in trace layers, one with basic blocks, and another with detail and fenestration.

No comments:

Post a Comment