Sunday, August 29, 2010

Storyboarding Interior Architectural Spaces: Week 1

This week I started my second workshop, which is also the second storyboarding workshop on offer. I chose this for two reasons. One, I don't really want to do either of the modelling workshops, and two, I wanted a more traditional exploration of storyboarding.

The workshop started with a lecture type presentation on storyboarding, which was basically common sense, but useful nonetheless. What was especially interesting were the examples shown. They were far more artistic and developed than I was expecting.

After this, we were given our first in class task, and this involved creating a storyboard of a space from memory. I found this quite difficult as I draw much more realistically when I can see what I am drawing.

After a genuine attempt, the tutors could see what I was trying to create but suggested I be more expressive with my drawing style and focus more on a continuous journey through the vignettes.

After this, I began drawing a single vignette taking on the tutors advice. The tutors responded much more receptively to this; they even got me up to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment